The word for Round 2 seems to be “shenanigans!”
I’m sorry if there’s been some issues, but for the most part, I think everything has worked out pretty much A-OK. Why do I think that? Because we’re here to have fun, that’s why.
But what were the issues? In the beginning, I know some people were worried because Rachel Morgan jumped out to such a commanding lead. Well, please realize that the amazing Kim Harrison rallied her fans to support Rachel, and that’s why they came out in such force.
Then we had the problem of Caine and Zaphod actually being tied! The voting went into overtime, and Zaphod took it in the end, continuing his, ahem, improbable streak towards the championship.
The biggest issue, though, was about the Tyrion/Ray Lilly fight. I know the polls say that Tyrion won, but the fact is the polls got left open later than they should have due to a glitch in the polling software. That said, we noted the actual tally from 5 pm, and Ray Lilly had clearly won. As such, Suvudu is calling Ray the winner, and he has the privilege of facing Kelsier in Round 3.
Once again we got some great write-ups from Brent Weeks, Lev Grossman, Paul S. Kemp, Harry Connolly, Stacia Kane, and Matt Stover. Thanks!
So here’s the breakdown from Round 2 (winners in bold; % = percentage of vote for winner). You can check out all the matches and brackets here.
Miskatonic University: Field House division
- Caine versus Zaphod Beeblebrox: 1,999 to 2,101 (51.24% of the vote)
- Saphira versus Atticus O’Sullivan: 2,149 to 1,770 (54.84%)
- Anomander Rake versus Ferro Maljinn: 1,060 to 265 (80%)
- Richard Rahl versus Bast: 611 to 970 (61.35%)
Starfleet Academy: Holodeck division
- Moiraine Damodred versus The Dagda Mor: 1,498 to 475 (75.92%)
Jardir: 1,172 to 1,217 (50.94%)
- Ray Lillyversus Tyrion Lannister: 1,418 to 1,444 (50.45%)
- Kelsier versus Chess Putnam: 1,792 to 724 (71.22%)
Professor Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters: Danger Room division
- Revan versus Tomas: 1,024 to 981 (51.07%)
- Mr. Wednesday versus Claire Haskell: 898 to 171 (84%)
- Napoleon (on a dragon) versus Iorek Byrnison: 845 to 735 (53.48%)
- Granny Weatherwax versus The Fool: 866 to 529 (62.08%)
Hogwarts: Quidditch Pitch division
- Harry Potter versus Kylar Stern: 774 to 2,467 (76.12%)
- Julia versus Peter Grant: 789 to 276 (74.08%)
- Erevis Cale versus Jean Tannen: 831 to 786 (51.39%)
- Jonathan Strange versus Rachel Morgan: 576 to 1,594 (73.46%)
And don’t forget: Round 3 starts Monday, March 19 at 10 AM EST, right here on suvudu.com. There are some great matches in the Sweet Sixteen, so make sure you tune in!
Also, we’re still looking for character art. Check out the details here.