What Are You Reading Right Now?

zafon-pristonerWe spend a lot of time talking about new books here on Suvudu.

Interviewing authors. Featuring different aspects of the book industry. The craft of writing. Asking questions in polls and having discussions.

It’s what we do.

But we rarely talk about the real reason we are here. We are readers first and foremost. I know you are a lot like me—although hopefully not as bald as I am! Ha! I constantly have new books rotating through my hands. Some are novels recently published; others are books from years past I finally get to. Some are even books that haven’t been printed yet.

While we are all very different, what unites us is the constant of reading, reading, reading.

Lately, I haven’t had a lot of time for fun reading. I am in the middle of proofing the final production pages for my novel, The Dark Thorn, meaning I’ll have time to read for fun again by the end of the week. That means I’m free! Free to read what I want. And next, I will be reading and continuity editing Bloodfire Quest and Witch Wraith, both books to be published by Terry Brooks and Del Rey Books in 2013.

While those books are going to be great to read back-to-back, I’m already looking ahead to what I’ll read next. I have Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, The Wind Through The Keyhole by Stephen King, and The Prisoner of Heaven by Carlos Ruiz Zafon to tackle. Not sure which I’ll start first. Any ideas which I should start?

Once those are done, I’m even more free. So what are you currently reading? Are you enjoying it? What are you looking forward to most in your To Be Read pile that you undoubtedly have? Any books coming out later this you can’t wait to get your hands on?

Wow me. Share with me and others.

Let’s talk about reading!

10 Responses to “What Are You Reading Right Now?”

1. Sev says:

The Dragon Reborn, Book 3 of the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan.
    This is a 1st-time read ! And am enjoying it very much ! :)

2. Blicko says:

Legacy of the Drow Collector’s Edition , by R.A. Salvatore. Had it on deck for a while and finally had some time to sneak it in. On deck is Best Served Cold and The Heroes by Joe Abercrombie, looking forward to those as well!

3. Sam says:

I’m in the middle of Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke, but I just took a break to read Dust by Joanna Francis Turner (which I finished last night) due to Strange & Norrell’s extremely dry nature.

4. Sandy says:

POISON PRINCESS by Kresley Cole

5. A first time reader reading WHEEL OF TIME — right when the last book is about to be published. Awesome, Sev!

Blicko, I am sad to say I haven’t read all of Salvatore’s work. Might have to step back into that world, especially given how much the realm has changed in the last few years.

Sam, I still haven’t read CLARKE’s book because of that dry element you speak of. But I should probably remedy that, I guess. Too many people have told me I need to read it that I should make the time and power through. Who knows? Maybe I’ll love it!

Thanks for the suggestions, Sandy. Is it any good?

6. Linda F. says:

Tallulah Rising, the sequel to The Last Werewolf. Both amazing works! Not your typical horror story!

7. Tim J says:

The way of kings (part 2), Brandon Sanderson which is amazing didn’t think he could do better than the Mistborn series but this is just as good. Next on the list is Academ’s Fury, Jim Butcher i didn’t rate the 1st one very highly but i love his Dresden books so i am giving the Codex Alera Series a 3 book chance to hook me.

8. shell says:

At the moment scourge (star wars) by Jeff Grubb than maybe Alastair Reynolds or something else

9. bigalosu says:

Waiting on Terry’s new book(s) as well as King of Thorns by Mark Lawrence and Charon’s CLaw by Bob Salvatore. Right now I am reading a classic that I never got around to, Clan of the Cave Bear. I finished Ready Player One the other day, which was a fun read and plan on reading BArb Hendee’s Between Their Worlds sometime in the near future.

10. Space Girl says:

Currently finishing Cobra Bargain by Tim Zahn. Then on to Odd Apocalypse! After that I’m going to re-read Spectre of the Past and Vision of the Future. My brother just finished the HTE trilogy (as per my suggestion) and was blown away. I recommened SofP and VofF, so I want to re-read to know when he references something.