The second round of our cage match has come to a close, and as we applaud our champions, we consign the defeated to the solitude of the grave. Take a moment, dear reader, to remember those who perished for your entertainment: Be they villainous or valorous, their blood was spilled for you.
Let’s review some of this round’s highlights:
Smaug roasted Merlin alive. Wizard fell to lizard.
Gandalf Magicked Dr. Who. Is there a doctor in the house? Not anymore.
IT ended the Thing. That’s that.
Inigo Montoya deep sixed Nemo. Nemo is no mo’.
Round 2 (winners are bold)
- Gandalf (479 votes) vs. Doctor Who (416 votes)
- IT (138 votes) vs. The Thing (112 votes)
- Medusa (247 votes) vs. Grendel (56 votes)
- Smaug (292 votes) vs. Merlin (276 votes)
- Count Dracula (271 votes) vs. Tarzan (69 votes)
- The White Witch (208 votes) vs. Tripods (94 votes)
- Bene Gessereti (175 votes) vs. Prospero (92 votes)
- Inigo Montoya (237 votes) vs. Captain Nemo (75 votes)
Round 3 yet awaits:
- Gandalf vs. IT
- Smaug vs. Medusa
- White Witch vs. Dracula
- Bene Gesseriti vs. Inigo Montoya
Click here for all Cage Match 2013 posts.