Cage Match 2013: Round 3 Recap!

suvudu-cage-match-embed-rd4

Another round is over, and our circle of champions has grown yet smaller. Where there was once many, only few remain: their armor dented, swords bloodied and spells cast. Step over the bodies and let us survey the results:

Round 3: (winners are bold)

AIR:

• Gandalf (353 votes) vs. IT (18 votes): IT began this battle, but Gandalf ended IT.

Suvudu-Air-thumb-Bracket-CageMatch2013_Rd4

FIRE:

• Medusa (389 votes) vs. Smaug (251 votes): Two heads are better than one, and apparently a headful of snakes beats one old serpent.

Suvudu-Fire-thumb-Br#220855

WATER:

• Inigo Montoya (323 votes) vs Bene Gesseriti (138 votes): “Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You did not kill my father, but you should prepare to die nonetheless.”

Suvudu-Water-thumb-B#220860

EARTH:

• The White Witch (208 votes) vs. Count Dracula (144 votes): Cold-blooded!

Suvudu-Earth-thumb-B#220838

Round four:

Gandalf vs. Medusa
The White Witch vs. Inigo Montoya

6 Responses to “Cage Match 2013: Round 3 Recap!”

1. Jlingo says:

I have been surprised how much I liked this year’s cage fights. Not bad at all.

2. Metacognition says:

I know what you mean Jlingo.I miss how in depth some of the debates in the comments could get (which for me is where the true winner is decided, no matter the voting) and it sucks that I’m not learning about some new series to read, but these have been a lot of fun.
    Looks like we’re in for a Wizard vs Witch final, in my opinion. That should be interesting!

3. Cleveage says:

I realize it’s nice to keep it untainted, but this site would get a lot more traffic for this event if the layout weren’t so damn hard to follow….

4. Cleveland says:

I’m definitely enjoying the matches this year (keeps me coming back to this site every march when everyone else starts talking about brackets), but I wish it were easier to follow. I tried to get a friend invovled (she’s a big Dr Who/ LoTR’s fan), and she clicked around forever before she managed to find any of the write-ups, which I feel are the best part. And she never did figure out how to vote.

5. kokkieh says:

@Metacognition I was thinking the same thing. The White Witch vs the White Wizard has a feel of destiny about it. However, the semi-finals could go either way in my opinion. Gandalf and Medusa will be a battle of wits, rather than strength. Gandalf won’t be so easy to trick as Smaug, but will probably have to fight Medusa without the benefit of sight. And Jaden needs to touch Inigo first which will be no easy feat.

And moreover, this is a tournament where there is really very little in the way of “WTF, that person couldn’t possibly have won that fight” moments. Making for a much more sophisticated tournament.