There are some great sci-fi/fantasy bloggers out there, fans who are devoting a lot of time and energy into supporting authors and their readers. Variety is the spice of life, as they say, and with the menagerie of unique and very different individuals out there contributing, it produces a whole that is better than its parts.
Last week, Suvudu featured the First 50 Pages of Star Wars: Razor’s Edge by Martha Wells. Darth Duff posted a cool transcript with talented voice actor James Arnold Taylor. Logan Balestrino continued his Fellowship of the Ring re-read. Fictional Frontiers featured 15 Minutes of Fiction with Mark Miller. Matt Staggs Took Five with Joe McKinney, author of The Savage Dead! Matt also posted the sad news that author A.C. Crispin has passed away after a battle with cancer. Eric Geller featured the newest Star Wars HoloNet Digest. And I posted the first five chapters from Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson!
In other areas of the professional internet(s), Tor.com continued a re-read of A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin, Pyr Books posted their DragonCon pictures, and Orbit Books posted the question, “Who would you cast in an Expanse television series?”
Here are some of the blogging highlights I found outside of Suvudu week ending 9/7/13:
- Cover: The Widow’s House by Daniel Abraham, posted by A Dribble of Ink
- Comment: September Releases, posted by A Fantasy Reader
- Interview: Michael J. Sullivan, posted by Fantasy Book Critic
- Review: Maddaddam by Margaret Atwood, read by Fantasy Literature
- Interview: George R. R. Martin, posted by Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist
- Review: Midnight Frost by Jennifer Estep, read by Sci-Fi Chick
- Review: The Crown Tower by Michael J. Sullivan, read by SF Signal
- Review: The Shadowed Sun by N.K. Jemisin, read by Wertzone
I highly recommend all Suvudu readers to visit these fine examples of sci-fi / fantasy blog work! Get involved, post your thoughts, and enjoy what else is out there!
And feel free to talk about it or anything else on our Forum here!
Till next week…
Shawn Speakman is the author of The Dark Thorn, an urban/epic fantasy hybrid novel bestselling author Terry Brooks calls, “a fine tale by a talented writer.”