Del Rey Books and Hydra, the science fiction and fantasy imprints of Random House, will be scheduling a limited number of original story pitch sessions and art portfolio reviews at New York Comic Con 2013 at the Jacob Javits Center. Session time slots will be available Thursday, October 10 through Sunday, October 13 at the Random House booth #2205.
To sign up for this rare opportunity, candidates must come to the Random House booth #2205 on the morning of their desired session. Advance sign-ups for the following day will not be allowed. For example, if a candidate wants to sign up for a Saturday session, that candidate must come to the Random House booth on Saturday morning (and Saturday only) to secure a time slot.
Please also note:
- Session time slots will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis
- Candidates will not be allowed to sign up (or line up) before the show floor opens
- Candidates must have a Comic Con badge in order to enter the convention center
- Badges will not be provided by the publisher
- Story pitches and portfolio reviews will be limited to 5-minute sessions
- All sessions will be timed
- Please keep your pitch short and to-the-point
- All story pitches should contain elements of science fiction or fantasy
- Candidates who arrive late to their scheduled session will not be allowed extra time
- Candidates who miss their scheduled session will not be allowed to sign up for a future session
ABOUT DEL REY BOOKS: Del Rey Books (http://www.delreybooks.com) was founded in 1977 as an imprint of Ballantine Books, a division of Random House, under the guidance of the renowned Judy-Lynn del Rey and her husband, Lester del Rey. Del Rey publishes the best of modern fantasy, science fiction, and alternate history.
ABOUT HYDRA: On the forefront of sci-fi and fantasy publishing, Hydra is dedicated to transporting readers to new worlds with accessible and thought-provoking stories from rising star authors. Hydra encompasses all facets of the genre—from dark fantasy, to horror, hard sci-fi and all in between—and delivers these stories to digitally-savvy readers. Hydra is the first digital-only imprint of Random House. For more information, visit http://ReadHydra.com.